Saturday, August 6, 2011

July 25, 2011




Do you want me to send you back to where I found you?.. UNEMPLOYED?.. in GREENLAND?

Greetings my fine-feathered friends! I, just like always, have so much to tell you and so little time, but I'll do what I can and then send a written letter if needed. By the way, I hope you enjoy the movie quote subject. Who can name that movie?

So Ibrahim is officially a confirmed member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! He is so awesome! Ever since he made the decision to be baptized, he has had all sorts of trials thrown at him but he hasn't backed down from his desire to follow the Savior for one second. I really admire his faith because this week has sure been rough for him. I don't want to share all of the specifics, but I think we may be teaching him a lesson about Job this week. Now we just need to find another investigator as awesome as Ibrahim was so we don't have to go back to having full days of contacting people.

Things are going great with Elder Moore here in Gerland. Even though it is kind of weird for my "mission dad" to not be around, we for sure have much more room in our apartment.

Something really cool happened this last week during transfers though. Elder Miller (who was just recently Elder Lozano's companion) found out that he was going to Nimes. Later that day, he received an email from his mom that said that she happened to be in Virginia for a few days and randomly got into a religious conversation with a French lady from, you guessed it, Nimes. Isn't that crazy?!

I love you all and hope you're all having fun!
much love,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment